Essilor of America invites you to participate in
Essilor Student Scholarship Program for 2017-2018
Essilor has proudly sponsored this program for more than 30 years.This is only a small part of our ongoing commitment to optometric education, optometry students and the optometric profession.
- Program is open to optometry students who have experience in the clinic's optical dispensary.
- Students should submit case reports on patients fit with Essilor lenses to the school's faculty and/ or clinical staff who will select one submission.
- Case reports can be submitted in printed form, or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum length is 2000 words.
- Reports should include patient's old and new Rx, occupation, hobbies, unique problem solving applications and pertinent information.
- Student information must include name, address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- Entries must be postmarked or received via e-mail by February 1, 2018
The clinical faculty and/or staff at each school should select one recipient based on the following criteria: Dispensing skills, application of Essilor lenses to patient needs, analysis of the case(s) and analysis of the lens design and lens performance (optional/extra).
- The student with the selected case report at each school will receive $1000, plus an entry into national judging.
- The national award winner and faculty advisor will each receive $2500.